Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Roll with it

 On a perfect early fall day, why not fully embrace your own life and forget about the rest of the stupid world?  Nothing you can do about any of it anyway.  Time is racing on and soon enough you and I will be gone.  So enjoy the now for this brief time while we have it.

 

And now so long ago it does seem, working 30 hours on and 10 hours off.  I was so tired I would fall asleep standing up if I paused for even one minute.  I learned what ice fog was and how to deal with - 35°F weather.  I never thought I could survive it all.  But I did.  And now it is, for me, ancient history, scarcely remembered at all.  And what did the wider world, politics, social media, the daily news and all the rest of that crap have to do with it?  Nothing.  That's what.  Nothing at all.