Saturday, February 27, 2021

Me too


 I try to avoid thinking about politics and what's going on, but the witch hunts are becoming serious and ... .

Oh, well.

Better to just focus on the frivolous and foolish.

Here's a joke from a 75-year-old Fibber McGee and Molly radio show:

Wallace Wimple, "Wimp," as Fibber calls him, often provokes Sweetie Face, his domineering wife, who teaches judo classes in the Marine Corps. One day, he told Fibber that when he asked Sweetie Face what she was doing she said she was practicing her weight-lifting and he said back to her, "'My goodness, you do that every time you get up out of a chair.'  And then when I regained consciousness, she'd left the room." 

AHAHAhahaha...ha...ha....  Well, I guess you have to hear Wimp tell it.  Or, as Molly would say, "'Tain't funny, McGee!"

Aw shucks.


Here's an episode of the show from November 24, 1942, that I enjoyed.  It's about women taking over men's jobs.  Eight decades ago.  Nothing new, is there?

Fibber McGee & Molly Show

 


When the present is too much to face, why not retreat into the past?  Things were better then. Or so I choose to believe.

PS:  This old cartoon gave me a chuckle.  Dream on, boys!