Monday, November 15, 2021

Lighten Up!

Enough grim stuff.  I had a great time this weekend, chowing down on some groovy grub with grand pals and then spinning some platters far into the night, swinging and swaying, rocking and rolling to the beat.  I even sipped some happy juice and got a little frisky.  ( A little? A little?  I can hear a chorus of voices... Oh, hush, you were clapping and cheering!) Well, why not? 

A joke:

A man was sitting at home watching TV when there was a knock at the front door. He opened it to find a policeman holding a photograph. “Can I help you?” asked the man.
The policeman hesitated and then showed him the photograph and asked, “Is this your wife, sir?” The man looked at the picture and replied “Yes, yes it is. Why do you ask?”
The policeman hesitated again and then said, “I’m sorry, sir, but it looks like she has been hit by a truck.” The man responded, “Yes, I know, but I love her anyway.”

 “Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more, or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing.”
― Martin Luther

“He who loves not wine, women and song remains a fool his whole life long.”
― Martin Luther

  Oh, if you are wondering why most of the time I post late at night or in the wee hours of the morning it's because I'm always available to talk to my Marines when they need me, and that's usually when they can't sleep.