Friday, December 2, 2022

Mist

 I like this story. It suits my tastes and personality.  I like all the characters in the play.  I would want to be friends with them.  I even like the motorcycle, which sounds like a Triumph twin, probably a Bonneville 650.  My dad had one of those and I used to ride pillion with him when I was a kid, then once I got my license, I rode it myself, taking long rides into the country, just like the protagonist in this story, getting up in the early morning to ride when the roads were empty.  I also like botany and always notice the wild flowers and know all their names.  Maybe I've seen and talked to ghosts, too.  Maybe I've even loved one.

 Fear has come to pervade our lives, and with fear comes suspicion.  With suspicion comes hostility, and when hostility takes over violence is sure to follow until peace and trust are things of the past, lost to us as if they had never existed, as though we no longer know what they mean, what they ever were.   

"Out of the Mist," first broadcast by CBS Radio Mystery Theater on September 15, 1979: