Monday, March 13, 2023

Back in the saddle


 I've been getting back in shape for the last fortnight or so, starting gingerly negotiating the stairs, as I mentioned earlier, gradually increasing my activity level day by day.  I've been surprised at how quickly I'm getting back to normal.  The bruises are gone. My knee is fine. I can take deep breathes without pain, 'though I still get winded too easily.  But that will take care of itself as time goes by. Otherwise, it's almost as if nothing had ever happened.  That's so often the way it is.  Fortunately.  As long as you don't lose a limb or suffer brain damage or have severe internal trauma. 

Have I literally gotten back in the saddle?  No.  I'll let that go for now.  At some point I suppose I will need to do that, but there's no hurry.  It can wait till spring.  Or summer.  But I have gone down to the stable and supervised the house apes as they curried-combed their favorites.  I did finally Skype with el jefe and had a long chat, which cheered me up immensely.  Just to see him looking well and hear him talking, telling jokes and stories, made me so happy.  I can't wait till he gets back home, at least for a while.  I do want him to wrap up his career and come live on the ranch, but I suppose that is wishing for too much.  In some sense, when he is not with me I feel as if I am in suspended animation, waiting for life to begin again.

Oh, right.  I did do as I said I would when I got better.  I went to the rec room and danced.  Not too vigorously, but a good stretching and cardio workout.  What was the first tune I danced to?  You wouldn't guess, lol.

And, unbeknownst to me, I had an audience. A 'poke had dropped by to ask about something, and, finding no one in the parlor, followed the sound of music to the rec room and stood politely waiting for me to finish hopping and gyrating before excusing himself to me and making his inquiry.  Was I dressed as in the video?  Um... *cough* Well, I do like to get my girly-girl on!  I can't wait to tell el jefe about this.  He will get a good laugh out of it.