Saturday, December 9, 2023

Weddings

 I was reading some blog about popular wedding and wedding reception songs, and as usual the commenters were ragging on the selections and listing their own choices and so on.  Mostly, it was a generational breakdown, as usual, with bickering between them.

I thought back to my own wedding, which was a dress-white Navy affair, sabres and all, with the Navy band providing music, most memorably to me Elgar's Salut d'amour.

At the recepion, my husband sang to me in front of everybody, with the most sincere emotion, the balland, My Cup Runneth Over, from the 1966 musical, I Do! I Do! I was reduced to blubbering tears.  Every year since, on our anniversary, he sings it to me, even if he's far away and we only have voice contact.  It always brings me to tears.