Somebody who claims to be an artist implied I couldn't be an artist because I have a dull intellect, perhaps useful in boring practical matters, but without a creative spark. Okay, maybe so. Maybe not so. I don't know. I guess I could say I don't know anything about art, but I know what I enjoy making. And like Zoƫ Mozert I use myself as the model.
This below, by the way, got me attacked on Gab and a stalker when I posted it some time ago on the group "Dangerous Ladies of Gab." Dangerous my funny bone. The "ladies" seemed to be mostly drunks who hated their jobs. Anyway, this one woman really went after me, and said, among other things that the quote was stupid and by somebody no one had ever heard of. Of course, Arundhati Roy is a very well known author. The quote is from her novel, The God of Small Things, which won the Booker Prize for fiction and was listed by the New York Times as one of the notable books of the year and has been translated into 18 languages. Yeah, no one has heard of Roy.
See, though, that's why I hate the on-line world. You think you will find interesting people with interesting things to say, maybe even a kindred spirit or two, and sometimes you do, keeping hope alive. But most of the time you slip into the slurry of the surplus population, arrogant, ignorant aggressive swine that in real life you would fend off with a cattle prod and a bull whip.
Nuts.
Anyway, I like the quote. It resonates with me. I liked The God of Small Things. I'd enjoy the chance to have lunch with Arundhati. And I ...
Ahem. Never mind.
