Monday, January 11, 2021

Me to a T!






 

I really love the way Suzuki gets her teeth into this tune.  I listened to Doris Day's version, as well as a couple of others, and they were utterly forgettable.  Day sounded like she was bored.

Anyway, yeah, I'm a girly girl, at least when I can be.  The world being what it is, though, mostly you have to be neutral in all aspects of your public personality and appearance.  I don't really have a problem with that.  It's the insistent, extroverted narcissists  imposing themselves on us normies that cause so many of the problems these days.

Of course, a song like this couldn't be composed or performed today.  I don't think it would even occur to anyone to do so, and, of course, should they do so, their career would almost certainly be over.  So this song is a relic of a vanished era, and I suppose my attitudes about myself, which I picked up from my mother and other female relatives -- boomers! -- is also a relic of a vanished era.  Alas! Alackaday!