Thursday, January 14, 2021

I wish I was a baby boomer!

Not that I wish I was an oldster, but that...hmm...I wish I had been born 35 years earlier than I was and had enjoyed the life my parents did.  Truly, the early baby boomers were a blessed generation and enjoyed a wonderful era, at least until the the stupid Viet Nam War and all the rest of that crap ruined everything.  Why couldn't you just leave things alone and let America mind its own business and just be that wonderful thing, a country for ordinary people to enjoy their lives?  Okay jobs that paid well, dumb novels, dopey movies and TV shows and goofy music.  What's wrong with that?  Why couldn't we have just had that? 

What we lost -- glorious frivolity and enthusiastic fun (not to mention a father-figure of a president who warned us):


 




>