Monday, January 11, 2021

Winter blues


 “I don’t know what’s worse: to not know what you are and be happy, or to become what you’ve always wanted to be, and feel alone.”
~ Daniel Keyes 

 “I felt that I breathed an atmosphere of sorrow.”
~ Edgar Allan Poe 

 “I went to bed and woke in the middle of the night thinking I heard someone cry, thinking I myself was weeping, and I felt my face and it was dry.
Then I looked at the window and thought: Why, yes, it's just the rain, the rain, always the rain, and turned over, sadder still, and fumbled about for my dripping sleep and tried to slip it back on.”
~ Ray Bradbury

I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape -- the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter.  Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show.
~ Andrew Wyeth