Sunday, August 29, 2021

Be cheerful and merry

What's happening in the outside world is just too grim these days. Heartbreaking.  I have someone very close to me flying missions off the Ronald Reagan and patrolling the skies over Kabul and maybe doing other stuff not bandied about.  That's a six-hour run up and back, plus loiter time, with at least three mid-air refuelings, two of them at night, then a night carrier trap. 

I know Marines deployed.  I have Marine friends who served multiple combat tours in the 'stan and who are, seeing what is happening, furious.

Anyway, another Saturday night and another gathering of close friends, to snack and chat and listen to some tunes and dance.  A lot of the guys don't like to dance, and some physically can't anymore.  But they love to watch a girl dance.  It takes their mind off of things and cheers them up. Gets something up anyway.

So, for my  boys, here's a little dance video to remind you of the fun we have. You really don't want me to try peach schnapps for the first time  and decide it really tastes good and yes, please, I'll have some more.  It goes right to my head and disables all higher cognitive functions.  Heh.

Or maybe you do want me drink it down!  ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦  ( •◡ુ•)

Look, I know it's frivolous, but sometimes you just have to turn away from what's happening, otherwise it just overwhelms you. 

"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance:
but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."
--Proverbs 15:13

"Be cheerful while you are alive."
--Ptahhotpe, recorded in the Prisse Papyrus, c. 2350 b.c.