Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Dearest Henry


“The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.”
Henry Miller

 “I don't know how to tell you what I feel. I live in perpetual expectancy. You come and the time slips away in a dream. It is only when you go that I realize completely your presence. And then it is too late.”

 ―Henry Miller
 


“Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny,  serves to defeat us.” 

 ―Henry Miller


“Why are we so full of restraint? Why do we not give in? Is it fear of losing ourselves? Until we lose ourselves there is no hope of finding ourselves.” 

  ―Henry Miller


“I see myself forever and ever as the ridiculous, the lonely soul, the wanderer, the restless frustrated artist in love with love, always in search of the absolute, always seeking the unattainable.” 

 ―Henry Miller

 “I don't give a fuck anymore what's behind me, or what's ahead of me. No sorrows, no regrets. No past, no future. The present is enough for me. Day by day. Today!” 

  ―Henry Miller


“What holds the world together, as I have learned from bitter experience, is sexual intercourse.”

  ―Henry Miller 

“Sex is one of the nine reasons for reincarnation. The other eight are unimportant.”
  ―Henry Miller


  “A good meal, a good talk, a good fuck--what better way to pass the day?” 

 ―Henry Miller