Saturday, August 22, 2026

Number Five

 


Well, I'm due any time now.  I'm looking forward to getting it over with, and I'm praying my baby will be born safely and healthily.  It has seemed like something didn't want me to have this baby.  First, the shock of losing my husband, and everything that has happened because of that. Then my mother, whose help I rely on in so many things, including helping care for my children, fell and broke her hip and has endured a health struggle since then. Then I fell off a ladder and badly injured myself, including having a punctured lung. Then I tripped and fell heavily, breaking my arm and wrist.  There were other things. And just a week ago I got the tiniest little cut on my right hand and it got badly infected and my hand blew up to the size of a catcher's mitt in just a few hours. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. Fortunately, I was already at our house in town near the hospital and a regimen of Amoxicillin is handling it.  Amoxicillin is considered safe to take while pregnant. I have my fingers crossed that all will be okay.

My mother is with me and though she uses a cane to get around, she is determined to take care of me and the new baby.  I do so need her. My mini-me wanted to come with me but I needed her to be with our toddler. My aunt is staying with her and looking after the boys, who have been very subdued, lately, so I hope everything is under control. 

This will be my last baby, the last from my dear Jeff.  Whatever has been trying to cause me to lose it, I hope it will, in the end, have failed. 

Okay, that's it.  I'll see you on the flip side.