Saturday, January 28, 2023

Be happy


It's a pretty grim world out there. Each day brings some new incomprehensible horror.  Has the world gone mad?  I don't understand what's going on.  The world wasn't always like this...was it?
Well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm adopting my father's viewpoint about all that happens in the outside world:  it's just a dull background roar.  Tune it out. Ignore it.  I'll just stay on the family freehold, and feed and banter with the hands, cheer them up and try to make their days have at least a few pleasant moments, play with my mini me and house apes, train and educate them as best I can, try to be a good friend and companion, a worthwhile helpmeet, lend a helping hand to those who need it whenever and however I can.  That's all I can do.

 My theme song these days --