Monday, January 9, 2023

Dancing the blues away

 When I'm able to dance again, I am going to go down to the rec room when nobody is home and go to that big old stereo with the gigantic floor and wall-mounted speakers that produces the most beautiful, rich, full-bodied sound outside of a live orchestra, and I am going to load it up with a bunch of silly old-time love songs that you can lose yourself dancing to, turn up the volume, and I am going to dance until I can't dance anymore.  Just be a dancing fool.  I won't dress up, just wear what I usually wear around the house and the ranch, so I can just be me with no need to anticipate the expectations of others or make myself attractive to them.  Just goofy old me hopping and jumping around, swinging and swaying, rocking and rolling.  And you know what?  For as long as I am dancing, I won't be thinking.  I will just be.